Contact: Diane Saunders, 503-725-5714; Cell: 503-807-5539; firstname.lastname@example.org
Higher Ed Board to Meet at OSU on Thursday and Friday
WHEN: The Oregon State Board of Higher Education will hold its next regular meeting on Thursday and Friday, February
20 and 21 at Oregon State University, Memorial Union Ballroom.
WHAT: On the agenda for the Thursday, February 20 meeting:
System Strategic Planning (SSP) Committee: 1:30 - 3:00 p.m.
- OUS Undergraduate Admission Policy for 2004-05
- Update on Proficiency-based Admission Standards System (PASS)
- SSP Work Plan through June 2003 and Revised Strategic Planning Framework
- Quality: Discussion Guide; enrollment/access; and affordability (time permitting)
On the agenda for the Friday, February 21 meetings:
Budget and Finance Committee: 8:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
- Report on 2002-03 tuition surcharges
- Annual Financial Audit Report
- Sale of Land and Approval of Housing and Academic Services Agreement at PSU
- Resolution of the Sale of Article XI-G Bonds
- History and status of fee remissions
Board Meeting: 10:15 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Ratify actions taken in Committee meetings
- Amendments to Internal Management Directives regarding Board oversight of higher
education curricula and institutions and establishing and naming schools or colleges
- Authorization of new campus programs (OSU, M.A. Applied Ethics; SOU, B.A./B.S.
Early Childhood Development; PSU, M.A./M.S. Interdisciplinary Studies)
- Authorization to award honorary degrees, OSU and PSU
WHO: In attendance will be (see www.ous.edu for name listings):
Oregon State Board of Higher Education members; Chancellor Richard Jarvis of the Oregon University System; Presidents
of Oregon University System institutions; Vice Chancellors of the Oregon University System
WHERE: Oregon State University is located in Corvallis. For directions go to: http://oregonstate.edu/visitors/tour/campusmap.htm
All of the meetings are open to the public. Copies of Board dockets, past meeting minutes and notices and other
meeting reference materials are available at: www.ous.edu