promoting innovation and technology in libraries
Friday, February 28, 2003
CH2M Hill Alumni Center
Call for Proposals
Submit a Program Proposal |
Notes for Presenters
WHAT IS ONLINE NORTHWEST?
A one-day conference focusing on the use of technology within
libraries and attracting librarians from the Pacific Northwest
and around the country. Presenters receive free registration
to the conference.
WHEN IS THE CONFERENCE?
February 28, 2003 (this will be the 20th annual conference)
WHERE IS THE CONFERENCE?
CH2M Hill Alumni Center, Corvallis, Oregon
WHAT TOPICS ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?
The coordinating committee is open to presentations on innovative
uses of technology within a library setting. We are particularly
interested in programs that incorporate interactivity or workshopping;
session rooms are set up with round tables. We encourage public,
school, and special librarians to submit proposals. All topics
relating to technology and libraries are welcome, but we are
especially looking for submissions on the following topics:
- Internet and workstation policy / Intellectual freedom
- Search tool update
- XML, SGML, and metadata (So many standards, so little time!)
- Overview of different standards and the differences between them
- Digital library initiatives
- Distance education delivery
- Document delivery
- Linux: Is it in your future?
- Streamig multimedia
- Acces to non-textual information
- Teaching library research through online courses
- Downloadable books
- Access to decentralized resources (institutional access to non-owned itmes or resources
- Remote authentication / Access issues (Proxy, IP. etc.)
- Accessibility / Compliance to ADA
- Training for technology
- Electronic classroom design
- Copyright and electronic resources
- Site management tools and issues
- Developing interactive tutorials
- User support: Computer support people and the people they support
- Interface studies for databases / web sites
- Migrating databases to the web
- Filters and intelligent agents
- Subject Web Resources like Business, Health, Education, etc.
- New technology in library instruction
- New tools in access or technical services
- Virtual reference
- Content development on the web
- MyLibrary / DataRat / Create-your-own-pathfinder programs
WHAT IS THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING A PROPOSAL?
Friday, October 18, 2002
HOW DO I SUBMIT A PROPOSAL?
Use the online submission form at
Return to the Online Northwest Conference Home
9/5/2002 @ 4:08:00 AM